CALL FOR SESSIONS!
What would you like to get out the AGU 2016 Fall Meeting? Do you have research you would like to share? Topics you would like to explore? Now is your chance to effect that by proposing a session for the meeting.
The deadline is one week away (4/20/2016).
We have created a web page to help community members organize their sessions.
A couple of points about sessions:
– Note that oral sessions formats are not limited to simply 15 minute presentations. Other possible formats include panel discussions and lightning presentations of less than seven minutes. Further information about proposing such a session is provided below from the Fall Meeting Program Committee.
– One may also propose a Union session, which is for topics with a broad interest beyond a single section
– More information is here about types of sessions is here.
– Sessions may be “collaborative”, i.e., they may be co-organized, cross-listed, co-sponsered, or a SWIRL. To help distinguish these concepts, AGU has created a flow chart to help proposers navigate the concepts and the submission process.
– Other session submission info is available here.
Here are a few highlights
Other related resources
2012 Fall Meeting – U32A – Towards a Global Cyberinfrastructure for the Geosciences
Peter Fox, RPI
Paul Edwards, University of Michigan
Stefano Nativi, National Research Council of Italy
Tony Hey, Vice President, Microsoft Research